People always ask me three questions, what nationality are you? Are you a Republican and what religion are you? These are three topics I no longer like discussing. I used to love it in my 20s, now in my late 40s I hate it. Just so everyone knows I am a German/American, I am a Little “r” republican (if you don’t know what that is listen to Mike Church on SirusXM Patriot) and I am a Lutheran.
However I hate putting labels on people so when people ask these questions I give the following answers (1) I am a Drunk, (2) I am a Libertarian, (3) I am a Sinatra Fundamentalist. Over time people would ask, “What is a Sinatra Fundamentalist/?” I would answer “Christians follow Christ, Jew follow Moses, Muslims follow Muhammad and I follow Frank Sinatra. The person would chuckle and that was the end of that. However as time went on I started coming up with different rules about Sinatra Fundamentalism. Folks this is the first time I am ever writing them down.
So how does one follow Frank Sinatra, there are no services to attend, there are no profits, teachings heck there is no Bible. However there is a Bible and the name of that bible is “How to Wear Your Hat, Frank Sinatra and the Lost of Livin” by Bill Zehme. This book was different, it does tell the story of Frank Sinatra it tells you how he lived. This is a must book for any Sinatra fan. Another great book on how Sinatra lived is “Mr. S My Life With Frank Sinatra, by George Jacobs. George was Sinatra’s valet from 1953 through 1968.
The only real requirement to be a Sinatra Fundamentalist is to Love Sinatra. Whether it’s his music, movies, or style. Since we are just having some fun I came up with the 10 Commandments of Sinatra Fundamentalism and a List of Holiday’s (every religion needs holiday’s).
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS
- Frank Sinatra is The Chairman of the Board, thou shalt have no other Chairman but Sinatra
- Thou shalt always share your olive from you Martini with a Pally
- Thou shalt never wear brown after dark (unless you want to)
- Thou shalt honor your father and mother (this is just too good to change)
- Thou shalt never kill your cocktail, by letting it get warm
- Thou shalt never smoke a cigar without having one for your Pally
- Always have your Pally’s back
- Always move forward, what is behind you is not important
- Always be a Gentlemen or a Lady
- 10. Thou shalt not put labels on people treat them as you would like to be treated if they are crumbs stay away from them.
THE HOLIDAY CALENDAR
- December 5TH – Repeal Day – Actually this is a real day on the U.S. Calendar. On December 5, 1933, the 21st amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified stating in SECTION 1. The eighteenth article to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed. This marked the end of Prohibition and BOOZE WAS LEGAL AGAIN.
- December 7th – Pearl Harbor Day – ALWAYS REMEMBER OUR HERO’S
- December 8th – Sammy Davis Jr. Birthday – American Icon, Singer, Dancer, Actor, Comedian, a dear friend of Frank Sinatra and a Member of the Rat Pack
- December 12TH – FRANK SINATRA BIRTHDAY “THE HIGH HOLY DAY” – There is only one way to celebrate and that is a Patsy’s on 56th for the “Official Frank Sinatra Birthday Party.
OTHER IMPORTANT HOLIDAYS
- January 20th – The First Summit Meeting at the Sands in Las Vegas in 1960
- February 3rd – Birthday 1918 – Joey Bishop, member of the Rat Pack
- April 14th – Frank Sinatra’s passed away in 1998
- May 8th – VE Day – Victory over Europe Germany’s unconditional surrender ending World War II in Europe in 1945
- May 16th – Sammy Davis Jr. passed away in 1990
- June 7th – Birthday 1917 – Dean Martin, American Icon, second only to Frank
- August 6th – Little Boy atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Hiroshima.
- August 9th – Fat Man atomic bomb was dropped on the city of Nagasaki
- August 15th – VE DAY – Victory of Japan and end of World War II. Official signing was September 2nd.
- September 7th – Birthday 1923 – Peter Lawford, member of the Rat Pack
- October 17th – Joey Bishop passed away and the Sands Casino in Atlantic City was imploded in 2007
- December 24th – Peter Lawford passed away in 1984
- December 25th – Dean Martin passed away in 1995 and Eartha Kitt passed away in 2008
BOLD ARE MAJOR HOLIDAY’S